Inyo and Mono Counties
Eastern Sierra Transit Short Range Transit Plan
LSC was selected to prepare a Short Range Transit Plan for the Eastern Sierra Transit Authority. ESTA is an extensive system encompassing a large region of eastern California, including local routes and skier shuttles in the resort community of Mammoth Lakes; an intercity route connecting Reno, Nevada with Lancaster, California; inter-community routes along the US 395 corridor, lifeline services connecting remote communities, and rural dial-a-ride programs
Our work consisted of the following:
- Onboard surveys of all routes and services, including passenger perception surveys.
- Performance review, and evaluation of appropriate goals, standards and performance measures
- Detailed cost and ridership analysis of a wide range of service alternatives
- Public outreach surveys and workshops
- Development of service, capital and management improvements, including specific schedules and implementation plans.
- Preparation of financial plans and information to support grant applications.
The resulting plans include an expansion of the intercity program, new evening services, additional inter-community runs, and management strategies to improve Dial-A-Ride productivity. The plan was adopted by the ESTA Board in May 2015.